​Forms for International Students



Newly Admitted Students​​:

Reason to use this form:

International Studen​t Inform​ation Form​​​​​​

Biographical form for all incoming international students (required)

Affidavit of Financial Support​

Financial form for incoming international students (required if student is financially sponsored by someone other than self)​

​Financial Requirements for F-1/J-1 Students​​​​​​​​​​​

Financial overview of amount needed for all incoming international students ​​​



​​Reason to use this form:

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
Application and Instructions
​Instructions and application for international students requesting work authorization for practicum/internship requirement (required)
On-Campus Student Employment template​​ ​​Template for on-campus supervisor to complete for inter​​​national student to obtain Social Security Number. ​​
Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Application and Instructions

OPT Employment and Direct Relationship to
​Field of Study​​
​Instructions and application for international students requesting work authorization after completion of degree program (required)​​

Explanation of a direct relationship between OPT Employment and Major Area of Study For F-1 Non-Immigration Students to determine compliance with the United States Federal Regulations. Your DSO will review and SEVP will monitor and review it through your SEVIS Portal Account. 
OPT Employment Update Form​​ ​To update employer contact information while on OPT (required whenever changes occur with OPT employer)​
Form I-765​ and Instructions from USCIS​ ​This form is used to request an employment authorization document for your OPT or other Off-Campus Employment.
Form I-765 Notes and Instructions ​Only use this form to review notes from TCSPP to assist you when you are completing the official I-765 form.  DO NOT submit this to USCIS.
​​Form G-1145​​​ ​​This form is used to request an electronic notification when USCIS accepts your immigration applications.
​​Form G-1450​​ Use this form for Credit Card Authorizations with USCIS.  Only for certain forms, please read the instructions. 
J-1 A​cademic Training Application and Instruction ​Job Offer Template for employers and application form for international students in J1 status requesting work authorization for practicum/internship.​
J-1 Academic Training Evaluation Form​​ ​Evaluation form to be filled out by students participating in the J-1 academic training.


​Maintaining Status:

​Reason to use this form:

Address Update Form

​To update home address and contact information (required whenever changes occur with physical address or phone number)

Change of Program/Level Request Form

​For international students to change their academic program or degree level​/type

​Departure Verification Form

For international students departing their program and the institution who no longer require F-1/J-1 status sponsorship

Extension of I-20_DS-2019 Request Form​​​​

To request an extension on I-20/DS-2019 program end date

Full Course of Study Authorization Form

​​​​For international students who are fulfilling all course requirements, but will be under full-time enrollment for their academic program 

Good Standing Letter Request Form​

​​Request for good standing letter from your DSO​

​​Reduced Course Load Authorization Form

​Request to drop below full-time status for extenuating circumstances

Reinstatement Request Form ​​This form is used to request reinstatement with the DSO. Instructions are included in the form. Please review throoughly. 

​​​Student Personal Information Change Request Form​​​​​ Request form needed to request a 1098T form for tax purposes. Must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by October 1st each year you request a 1098T. A copy of your SSN or ITIN is required when submitting your form.​

Transfer-Out form​​​

​For international students transferring out of The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (required if transfering out to another U.S. institution)​​