SEC Logo.png ​


The Chicago School offers various Student Employee positions across all campuses including remote employment opportunities. You can search for these employment opportunities on Handshake​ (The Chicago School Career Services Job Board).

The Chicago School offers Student Employment opportunities both on campus and off campus. The Chicago School supports a variety of work opportunities to ensure that you can find a role that meets your needs. Student Employment is managed by the Student Employment Center (SEC). ​

Types of Student Employment - What's Right for You? 

There are two types of positions available for student employees: College Work Study (CWS) and Federal Work Study (FWS). CWS positions are funded by The Chicago School where FWS positions are subsidized by the federal government as part of a student's financial aid package. For this reason, it is important for you to know your financial aid eligibility before applying for positions.​

Determining your FWS Eligibility

If you do not know your FWS eligibility, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete The Chicago School's Student Employment Eligibility Form (SEEF) here: Link. Financial Aid will communicate with you about your FWS eligibility. If you do not qualify for a FWS-funded position, you may still apply for CWS-funded positions!

Applying for and Obtaining Student Employment

Available student employment opportunities are posted on Handshake​. When you find a position you are interested in, follow the application directions on the job posting. 

If you become a candidate for a position, the Hiring Manager will contact you to schedule an interview. Once the Hiring Manager has completed candidate interviews, they will tell the SEC who they would like to hire. 

If you are selected, you will receive an offer letter from the SEC. If you accept the position, you will be required to complete onboarding processes online. You are required to complete all on-boarding steps before you can work which includes updating your contact information and completing the I-9 document verification process.

International Students

If you are an international student in F-1 status, you are eligible for CWS positions only. These positions are listed as "On Campus (College Work Study)" in Handshake.​

Contact Us

Contact Career Services ​​​at 800.595.6938, press 5,  or ​
​to ask a question or to schedule an appointment.​​