zen 1.jpg

Wellness is an essential part of the student experience at The Chicago School. TCSPP promotes a learning environment supportive of the development and maintenance of a healthy mind, body, and spirit.  We want our students to choose and exhibit behaviors that promote health, reduce risk, and strengthen relationships. 

Through our wellness site, we aim to empower students to balance and explore what wellness means to them. We believe we​llness is an active and ongoing exploration of self with a goal of creating a healthy, fulfilling life and increasing success in school and beyond.​

International Student Health Insurance

TCSPP requires international students and scholars on F-1 and J-1 visas to carry health insurance for themselves and their F-2 and J-2 dependents. International students are required to purchase a health insurance plan from a school-designated carrier or show proof of comparable insurance to waive out of the school-designated plan.​ Information on student health insurance for international students (on an F-1 or J-1 visa) is available under International Insurance

Please note that The Chicago School does not currently offer a student health insurance policy for domestic students. Students are encouraged to carry an individual health insurance plan while enrolled at The Chicago School. Visit healthcare.gov to access individual plans through your state health insurance exchange. Resources like GoHealth can also help you review and select an individual health insurance plan.​


Washington, D.C. Immunization Policy

For students attending the Washington, D.C. campus, the D.C. Department of Health requires confirmation of immunization for all degree students under the age of 26 prior to enrollment in school. 

The following immunizations or tests are required. Each immunization has specific requirements that can be found on the Certificate of Immunity (Links to an external site.) form. 

  • Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td)
  • Measels/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
  • Hepatitis B (Hep B)
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox)


1. Each DC student under the age of 26 prior to enrollment in school must complete the Certificate of Immunity form even if immunizations are provided by a medical report. Each DC student must complete the top section of the form, sign, and date it. 

2. All required immunizations have either a specific timeframe or number of doses required, so please be sure to look at the form to ensure you have met each immunization requirement. 

3. Once complete, submit the form along with proof of immunizations as part of the enrollment process. 

Click here  (Links to an external site.)for the Certificate of Immunity form

Completed forms can be sent to Admissions – [email protected]


1. Check with your childhood physician to secure immunization records. If they have the records, ensure all required immunizations are included. Please have them complete their portion of the form and attach the medical record with recorded immunizations. 

2. Check with the health department at your undegraduate university as they most likely have your records on file. If they have the records, ensure all required immunizations are included. If provided by the school, please complete your portion of the form (top section) and return the form with the immunization records from the school.

3. If you are missing shots, use this government website (http://www.vaccines.gov/getting/where/index.html (Links to an external site.)​) as a resource to find local pharmacies, clinics and other medical locations that can provide vaccines. 

4. If you are missing a shot due to having an illness (ex: Chicken Pox-Varicella), please have your medical professional give month/year of illness and provide a lab report confirming immunity.