Diplomas and/or Certificates

Diplomas and certificates are typically available eight (8) to ten (10) weeks after all degree requirements have been verified and degree has been conferred by the Office of the Registrar. Expedited requests cannot be honored. 

Graduates will be sent an email from The Chicago School/Parchment to their Chicago School email account regarding ordering their  complimentary diploma or certificate. This email will also contain a link for the graduate to download a digital diploma that can be shared across social media immediately.

All diplomas and certificates are mailed to the student's address of record with The Chicago School. A student is strongly encouraged to verify the accuracy of the address of record upon degree completion. A student will also have an opportunity to update the mailing address when confirming the complimentary diploma/certificate order. If a student fails to keep an accurate address on record with the school that results in a diploma or certificate being mailed to the wrong location, the student will be responsible for the diploma or certificate replacement cost. A diploma cannot be delivered to a P.O. box. 

A student may not receive a diploma, certificate, or other official school documentation until all library materials are returned, any outstanding tuition and fees or other indebtedness to the institution are paid, and financial aid exit counseling is completed. When an account hold is resolved, a student is responsible for contacting the Office of the Registrar to request the release of the diploma or certificate. The diploma or certificate will not be ordered until all holds are resolved and notification of such is received from the student.   

Diploma and/or Certificate Name

All diplomas and certificates are issued in the student's name of record with The Chicago School. The diploma or certificate name may not include any degree abbreviation or other titles. To change the name of record with The Chicago School, the student must submit a Student Personal Information Change Request with supporting legal documentation (driver's license, marriage certificate, passport, court order, etc.) to the Office of the Registrar. A student must contact the diploma vendor (Parchment) for any name changes made after the diploma or certificate is issued and pay the replacement fee in order to receive a new document.

Diploma and/or Certificate Replacement

A lost or damaged diploma or certificate may be replaced for a fee. The replacement diploma or certificate will bear the signatures of current school officials but carry the original degree awarded date and degree title.   The diploma or certificate will indicate that the document has been reissued. Graduates may request a diploma and/or certificate replacement directly from Parchment. A replacement fee is assessed at the time of the order. ​